mercoledì 12 gennaio 2011

Did boyfriend jeans kick skinny jeans' butt?

Honestly, I thought it was just a phase, but nope, it's the new jeans. Jeans are the sort of thing that changes every 4 years. Aaaah. So very relaxing. You don't have to update them every 6 months. In fact, I only own one pair.
Shoot me.
I bought them in 2006 (shameless, I am SHAMELESS!). Comfiest pair of skinny jeans you'll ever, ever find, and they looked so great on me. Looked. Until they ripped. Bloody drying machine of the campus. I knew I shouldn't use it since it cooked my chachemire white tights. The monster. But I thought my jeans could put up with it..apparently not. So now they're ripped, and I have to buy a new pair, and I don't like to buy jeans, jeans for me are like a second adaptor. You know you could really use it, but somehow anything seems to be worth the money for it more. A cappuccino, anything...Anyway, I have been pretending not to notice the ankles new era way too long for now. When showing our bellies and hoovering the floor with our flares stopped being cool I was more than happy to pass on to skinny jeans, but the ankles?



All Saint AW 2010

Don't get me wrong I love it on the model, I just could never see it on me. Worse, I am so not convinced that it will last. I'm just not. of course we can all laugh about this post in 3 years when they'll still be fashionable and our ankles will be finally cold-proof. Not that I mind cold much, what i actually mind is the shoes. I don't think I can fit military boots and cropped jeans in my style. They influence so much the rest of the outfit and jeans for me are a basic, something to cover my legs or dress down an outfit. Not something to make a statement with, or catch the attention -even if it's just to say "OMG, those are SO 2009. ew.".



I don't know. Maybe I'll follow the trend and my next everlasting pair will be cropped. Hopefully I'll just fix my old ones and get a cropped pair for fancy dress lol. Or they could just befriend maxi dresses in the pile of *trends I found off hence ignored*.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento